Thursday, April 05, 2012

I haven't been good at keeping up with my "What I'm Reading" page but last night I finished reading "Private Life" by Jane Smiley.  I'm going to re-read the ending today since when I finished last night I went directly to sleep and now I keep mentally reviewing the ending trying to figure out why I found it so unsettling.  I think I may have found my book selection for my book club, which is something I always agonize over.  I've loved some of Jane Smiley's books and others I was never able to finish.  This one seems much more in the style of "A Thousand Acres" with its perspective on the human relationships.  I recommend this book.

I didn't feel that the New York Times book review got it quite right so here's the review from The Guardian - http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/may/30/private-life-jane-smiley

No comments: