- Clean first floor and clean up front garden TODAY before Daddy comes for Father's Day dinner tomorrow, - DONE
- Grocery shop for tomorrows dinner - sweet potatoes, irish potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans, buy roast chickens at Costco. Dessert???? DONE
- Buy a nice rose bush for LaV to acknowledge her mother's death. I know that relationship was way more complicated than I'll ever know. DONE
- Call All-American and discuss estimate for sewer line replacement. Yes, the sewer line backed up for the second time in a year so I think the time has come to either reline the pipe or install a new "burst" pipe. I have more knowledge of sewer systems that I should have to have at this point. Last time they cleaned out the pipe they said it had "belly" and was Orangeburg pipe, both bad things when it comes to replacement. This time the person didn't see the "belly" and said it was cast iron. This must be resolved before we start the reline vs replace decision. If you want to discuss sewer pipes, I'm your woman. Definitely pipe bursting. Now need to decide which company to do the work.
- Call Sharon for a lunch date next week. done and enjoyed happy hour with her!
- Get ready for Saturday BBQ party. Small group - need burgers and dogs, buns, chips, appetizers, drinks. Dat is bringing Rotel dip!, Gordon bringing beans, Sally a salad, and actually don't know if anyone else is coming. If not, then I'll buy some potato salad and make some brownies for dessert. Taking a break from the set up now. Hope the weather clears a bit.
- Clean porch for party. Remove screens and scrub off bird shit. The bird shit remains.
- Buy some more plants to fill in holes now that daffodils have died back. DONE
- Get ready for Wednesday party for Margie's retirement. Chili baked chicken, rice, refried beans, chips, margaritas. Send an email to remind people. Email sent.
- Clean upstairs and freshen guest room for Steve and Vicki's arrival.
- Plan a tourist day for Steve and Vicki once I hear back on their interests. Plan a couple of dinners, Friday we can go out to dinner after Udvar-Hazy tour.
- Call "other Sharon" to see what her plans are for July 4th at the beach. Plan an introductory party for her to meet some of my friends? Steve and Vicki, Gordon and Eileen, Howard and Janis, Linda. I wonder who will be in town that week? "other Sharon will not be in Florida yet so postpone party plans.
- Go to spa and get a pedicure before leaving for Florida! Made hair appointment for Tuesday and now need pedicure appointment. That can wait until after Steve and Vicki leave.
Saturday, June 14, 2014
busy, busy, busy
This is what my next two weeks look like. I barely have time to breathe but what fun! And at the end of the two weeks I get to go to the beach for July 4th and have another party with beach friends. Can you tell that I love a good party?